Full Stack Developer
Job ID: BH311596
Category: Full Stack Developer
Industry: Technology - Cloud Computing
Full Stack Developer Position description:
The successful candidate would join a team of 6 – 10 developers working in the customer service space to deliver new omnichannel functionality to both customers and contact center agents. PPL is currently modernizing both their customer-facing website (www.pplelectric.com) and the customer-facing IVR. The solutions are primarily cloud-hosted in Azure but also integrate to many on-premise legacy systems. The candidate will be required to learn the accompanying business logic in order to interpret requirements and deliver production-worthy APIs that will serve as the backbone of the omnichannel customer experience.
Daily responsibilities will include attending daily SCRUM, completing user stories involving design, data extraction, transformation, integration and testing. The candidate will also be required to demo their completed user stories for the business at biweekly demos.
The candidate will need to be able to make progress in a fast-paced environment with little oversight.
- Full-stack application development experience – 5+ years of experience hands-on writing code, hands-on writing code must be the primary duty of most recent position
- Strong verbal/written communication & facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with multiple teams
- Strong work ethic and a team player
- Ability to conduct performance analysis, capacity management and troubleshoot large scale distributed systems
- Enthusiasm toward technology, passionate continual learner
- Constantly looking for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Agile (scrum) experience.
- Seasoned developer with insight into newest technologies and trends
- Web-services, 3rd party APIs, tools like Postman, SoapUI & Fiddler
- .Net Core, Entity Framework Core
- WEB API, RESTful services
- Serverless Azure Compute Services such as App services, Azure Functions
- Data infrastructure services such as Azure Event Hub, Service Bus
- Azure Storage such as Blob Storage, Cosmos DB, Azure SQL
- Familiar with production Cloud / DevOps environments
- SQL Server, must have a solid understanding of SQL tuning, indexing & query costs
- Unit and Integration Testing
- Understanding of SOLID design principles & secure coding practices
Oracle database experience
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.