Sr ETL Specialist, Commercial Analytics
Job ID: BH120650
Category: ETL Developer
The Senior ETL Specialist manages and develops data processes to cleanse, transform, load, and/or export data to/from the data warehouse.
- Utilizes the Microsoft SQL Server database software to manage and house data from multiple sources
- Assists in the designing of data structures that can support large amounts of data, are easy to use, and processes efficiently; implements creation of data structures
- Designs, creates, and QCs ETL (Extract Transform Load) processes via SQL Server’s SSIS functionality
- Incorporates robust data validation, cleansing, and management methodologies into SSIS packages as well as day to day data work
- Builds processes with a strong focus on automation and repeatable processes
- Documents processes and associated business logic
- Executes simple and complex queries to pull data to support and/or answer adhoc questions
- Works with manager(s) to project plan, establish timelines, and map out associated tasks
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BA/BS required
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or technology consulting, including experience in Database Architecture and/or Software Development preferred
- Proficient in all components of SQL Server:
- Tables, keys, and indices
- Stored Procedures, Functions, and Views
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Strong documentation and quality assurance skills
- Exceptional work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
Planet121 Company Description
Planet121 is an internationally recognized IT Consulting Services firm established since 2003 with a specialty in SAP, Cloud Solutions & Big Data. We understand the marketplace and pride ourselves on serving IT candidates as individuals, not commodities. We recognize a candidate's personalized skills and can match them with both direct end clients and select consulting partners.
If you are interested, please respond to this ad with an updated resume and a summary of your skills. We look forward to hearing from you soon. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
*SAP is the trademark of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.Requirements:MUST HAVE;
- SQL and SSIS
- Excellent Communication
- Expectation they are doing ETL work (NOT backend database redesign/implementation) This is more of a front end position.
People who have fallen short have been more Sr looking to do database work and people with not as strong communication.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.