Job ID: BH115311
Category: .NET Developer
Industry: Wholesale Distribution
The .NET Developer is responsible for supporting the planning, development, implementation and ongoing operations of enterprise wide systems that meet the needs of the organization. This position plans, develops, and executes project level assigned tasks including, but not limited to data analysis, quality control, and report generation. This role is responsible for full lifecycle project work including working with business users to define/refine requirements, design and build applications.
- Work with the Project Managers, Technical Leads and Business Stakeholders to understand the processes, workflows and requirements
- Participates in design, development and testing of new features of the commercial software applications based on the requirements provided by the customers or internal specifications. Also, work with the team on design and code review sessions for the new features that are being implemented within a system
- Responsible for identifying, troubleshooting issues and debugging the application code in addition to the maintenance of the existing systems
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related field with coursework in technology-related subjects.
- At least 2 years of experience developing and supporting enterprise business applications or equivalent academic background
- At least 1-year experience working with end users and management communicating technical ideas in a non-technical language
- At least 3 years of experience in developing and supporting enterprise business applications using C#, Microsoft .NET technologies
- Experience with Multi-Threading, a Plus
- Experience with ASP.NET framework and design patterns such as MVC
- Experience in both developing and consuming WCF Services, REST APIs
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, SOAP, and web service technologies
- Proficiency in HTML5, Knockout, Angular, jQuery
- Mobile development using Xamarin, a plus
- At least 3 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or other enterprise class databases
- Experience with TFS, GIT or other source control systems
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- An understanding of the software development lifecycles, planning and implementation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.