Systems Administrator – Virtualization
Job ID: BH105633
Category: Systems Administrator
Industry: Manufacturing - Automotive
Job Title: Systems Administrator – Virtualization
This position will work primarily with server and end-user virtualization technologies including VMware and Citrix. Utilizing Citrix Apps and Citrix Desktops, the candidate will manage and deploy centralized end-user compute experiences. For senior technicians looking to advance their skills, this is an opportunity to become an experienced Citrix administrator, as the candidate will have the opportunity to learn the Citrix environment being managed by a professional services team. The candidate will also be a part of the team managing the VMware environment including maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Establish and manage the technology infrastructure that supports business operations including central compute services.
• Proactively identify operational vulnerabilities. Make recommendations for improving performance and information security, and implement changes based on collaboration with the team.
• Manage VMware environment
• Manage Citrix environment in collaboration with a managed services team
• Assist with maintaining hardware, software, and system contracts for Citrix and Citrix-related systems.
• Provide advanced end-user support as necessary.
• Provide exceptional customer service and maintain a superb work ethic with a high level of integrity to all user levels of the organization.
• Monitor infrastructure systems for issues and quickly resolve problems.
• Participate in afterhours support rotation as required and be able to identify critical issues that require urgent response.
• Perform daily monitoring to ensure the availability and integrity of key infrastructure resources.
• Install new servers and configure in accordance with project/operational requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or significant demonstrable job experience and skills
• 5+ years of experience in Information Technology with an emphasis on IT Infrastructure
• Must have experience managing VMware ESXi environments
• Solid grasp of MS Active Directory and Group Policy in a multi-domain, geographically separated environment
• Solid TCP/IP network knowledge and troubleshooting skills, with an understanding of DHCP, WINS, and DNS network services.
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills, cooperative teamwork skills, excellent problem solving ability, high degree of flexibility as well as the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
• Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to identify, prioritize and resolve tasks.
• Demonstrate a willingness and desire to learn new technologies and skills.
• Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
• Comfortable in fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server administration
• Experience configuring/maintaining Citrix Desktops and Citrix Apps (XenDesktop and XenApp) environments
• 5+ years of experience with designing, configuring, installing, maintaining, and tuning components associated with the LAN/WAN infrastructure comprised of Cisco equipment. Cisco CCNA certification or higher is a plus.
• Understanding of SAN and storage architecture
• Citrix CCA Certification
• VMware Certification
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.