SAP ABAP Developer
Job ID: BH104669
Industry: Manufacturing - Automotive
Planet121 has a client in the western suburbs of Chicago that is seeking an SAP ABAP Developer for a FTE (permanent) position.
The chosen person will be responsible for day-to-day support, maintenance, and project activities to include developing custom programs, supporting existing customizations, and extending SAP functionality in each of the following functional areas: FI/CO, MM, PP, QM, and SD within client's enterprise applications.
This includes documenting technical requirements, prototyping conceptual design, development of working code to standards, unit testing, and working directly with end-user community to test and implement solutions.
The chosen candidate will also be required to investigate emerging technologies across the SAP and SAP partner ecosystem to support the evolution of client's enterprise technical footprint.
Planet121 Company Description
Planet121 is an internationally recognized IT Consulting Services firm established since 2003 with a specialty in SAP, Cloud Solutions & Big Data. We understand the marketplace and pride ourselves on serving IT candidates as individuals, not commodities. We recognize a candidate’s personalized skills and can match them with both direct end clients and select consulting partners.
If you are interested, please respond to this ad with an updated resume and a summary of your skills. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with additional practical experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ SAP applications support experience in manufacturing environment with clear understanding of ABAP toolset.
- SAP database schema – demonstrated expertise navigating database objects.
- Object-Oriented Development experience preferred.
- Practical experience with SDLC, including Agile, Waterfall and other project methodologies.
- Relies on broad experiences in manufacturing industry to identify new application opportunities, gather requirements, generate conceptual design, author technical specifications, and work closely with key business users to implement these solutions.
- Strong desire to continuously seek new technologies that drive digital transformation of the global organization.
- Willingness to leverage ABAP experience, but also utilize alternative languages or technologies, i.e. .NET, Java, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple facets of the business organization.
- Ability to think critically while evaluating requirements to understand implications and benefits of solution alternatives.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.